- ALTER-Net: A Long-Term Biodiversity, Ecosystem and Awareness Research Network
- ALTER-Net-1 was a EU-funded project running from 2004 to 2009, with the aim of better integrating European biodiversity research and communication capacity. ALTER-Net was one of the key drivers developing the LTER-Europe network and establishing a series of European LTSER platforms. Many of ALTER-Net's partners are committed to continuing to work together in ALTER-Net-2.
- Biodiversity Communication Resource Centre (ALTER-Net)
- Provides useful resources for anyone interested in communicating about biodiversity with the public and other stakeholders. bioCRC was developed by the EC ALTER-Net Network of Excellence.
- BioFresh is a multi-partner EU FP7 funded project that is creating a network of databases and a data portal for freshwater biodiversity science and policy. As well as access to a data portal, the BioFresh web-site includes a lively blog, a freshwater curiosity feature and access to freshwater biodiversity-related news and resources.